By SAIA Carleton, www.carleton.saia.ca/carleton-and-apartheid.html
“. . . the global movement for boycott, divestment and sanctions, BDS, against Israel presents not only a progressive, anti-racist, sophisticated, sustainable, moral and effective form of civil, non-violent resistance, but a real chance of becoming the political catalyst and moral anchor for a strengthened, reinvigorated international social movement capable of reaffirming the rights of all humans to freedom, equality and dignity and the right of nations to self-determination.” — Omar Barghouti
Click here for campaign resources & how to get involved
Click here for information on our upcoming divestment teach-in
“It reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa. I have seen the humiliation of the Palestinians
at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about.
Many South Africans are beginning to recognize the parallels to what we went through.” — Desmond Tutu
REPRESSION BY CARLETON ADMINISTRATION
- Visit our Campus Repression page for additional information.
- SAIA has been inundated with letters of support, criticizing the administration’s attempts at repressing students’ rights to free expression.
- The first batch of letters is available here.
UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA JOINS CARLETON IN BANNING IAW POSTER
- In yet another act of repression by the Allan Rock administration, the University of Ottawa has joined Carleton’s high administration in banning Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights (SPHR) use of the official Israeli Apartheid Week 2009 poster.
Latest BDS News
- Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel
- Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid
- Stop the Wall
- NION: Jewish Voices Opposing Zionism
- International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network
- Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights
- Palestinian Right to Education Campaign
- Boycott Divestment Sanctions Movement